About One Advice
The One Advice Group provides a range of professional financial services, debt resolution and personal insolvency solutions for customers UK-wide. The Group incorporates HB Financial Solutions Ltd, trading as Harrington Brooks, and OpenDoor (Legal Services) Ltd, trading as OpenDoor.
Established in 1998, Harrington Brooks, one of the UK’s leading debt solution providers, are currently helping customers repay their unsecured debts through debt management plans (DMP) and Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVA).
A total of 550,022 free initial advice sessions were provided by Harrington Brooks in the last five years. Source: Internal MI and correct as at November 2017.
Over a twelve-month period in 2015-16, customers received £1.6m worth of free legal advice from OpenDoor to deal with legal action directly related to their debts.
Companies in the Group are authorised and regulated by different bodies.
Harrington Brooks debt management plans are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), firm reference number 660923.
Harrington Brooks IVA are regulated by the Insolvency Practitioners Association (IPA).
OpenDoor provides legal and financial services and is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
One Advice Group’s Mission Statement
As we aim to be a provider and employer of choice, it’s our mission to make dealing with debt and legal issues easier. Working in partnership with our stakeholders, our aim is to improve our customers’ future financial wellbeing for the long term.
One Advice Group’s vision and values
It is our vision to be one of the UK’s leading providers of personal insolvency and legal solutions and to bring sustainable financial wellbeing within the reach of our customers.
We’ll achieve this by always doing the right thing for our stakeholders, acting in a transparent and responsible way.
All of this will be made possible by creating a culture that values and supports our people so they can deliver exceptional service and advice to our customers.
Our values statements are a set of principles that are true and important to One Advice Group. They provide guidance and can be a source of pride for colleagues.
- Do the right thing
- Be responsible
- Open and honest in all that we do
- Valuing our people
One Advice Group customer charter
The One Advice Group promise is to put our customers at the heart of all that we do.
Our aim is to help customers take control of their finances and clear their debts in a way that is supportive, professional, open and honest.
In offering a customer-centric service that is compliant and treats customers fairly, One Advice Group aim to provide efficient and professional services that ensure:
- Customers receive the most suitable solution to their problem based on a thorough information assessment that treats the customer with integrity, care and diligence. And if their circumstances change, we have effective communication and customer relationship management processes in place to ensure we can make any changes necessary.
- Customers understand the products, services and options made available to them and the benefits and considerations of these, can make an informed choice based on suitable advice and effective guidance, and that they are then able to work together with our service providers to resolve their personal insolvency, financial and/or legal issues.
- Customers have constant access to support and information relating to their plan including term, balances and progression towards addressing their individual problems. This support and information is provided in a form that is appropriate to their personal needs. And when desired and appropriate, they can also access support with other related matters such as legal advice, money-saving options and assistance with money management.
As a result, customers are empowered to move towards a place of sustainable financial wellbeing for the long-term and to feel comfortable to take positive action for their finances.
Employer of Choice
One Advice Group is one of the region’s largest employers with over 350 colleagues. We are committed to attracting and retaining hardworking and dedicated employees. It is our ambition to be the employer of choice in this region and within the professional financial services sector.
One Advice Group has outlined five key commitments to support in our work as a responsible business.
- Supporting and developing our vision and values within our corporate culture as part of doing the right thing for all our stakeholders.
- Supporting local – so that the area, economy, communities, residents and local businesses including One Advice Group can prosper. Many of our own colleagues and their families live in this area.
- Striving to be a provider of choice – to bring sustainable financial wellbeing within the reach of our customers by creating a culture that values and supports our people so they can deliver exceptional service and advice.
- To be an employer of choice – to attract and retain talent, helping to provide learning, growth and continuous development opportunities for colleagues.
- Fulfilling our commitment to Financial Education of Future Generations – using the knowledge and experience we have in the business, to create better financial outcomes in the future.
As a group, we are committed to strong growth not only in terms of the business, but in the quality of customer care offered.
One Advice Group is committed to responsible data management and we are taking a number of actions to ensure we are fully compliant with the GDPR legislation that will come into effect in May 2018.
We are currently reviewing our own business processes and operational procedures to ensure they will continue to be compliant with data protection laws and are making some updates to our CRM system to ensure strong oversight and governance.
We are contacting our suppliers and any third-party companies who interact with the Group to understand their processes and expected response to and compliance with the GDPR changes.
We are working to ensure that all our employees are aware of the changes to ensure that customers continue to receive the best possible service.